Last month on the Digital Campus podcast, Mills, Dan, and I offered our take on the top ten stories of 2008 and our predictions for the biggest stories of 2009. As we readily acknowledge, the “top ten” device is a crude one, but it remains a perennial favorite, both among Digital Campus listeners and across the library, museum, and digital humanities blogosphere, as the following roundup of the new year’s “top” lists attests:
- EDUCAUSE, Top Teaching and Learning Challenges, 2009
- The Library Journal Academic Newswire, Top Academic Library Stories of 2008
- iLibrarian, 10 Social Media Resolutions for 2009
- Chronicle of Higher Education, 5 Most Popular Wired Campus Items of 2008
- LISNews, 10 Librarian Blogs To Read in 2009
I’m sure I’m missing some, and there are tons and tons on the tech industry blogs (e.g. Wired’s Top Technology Breakthroughs of 2008.) Please feel free to add them (yours?) to comments.
Go on. You know you love ’em!