Suzanne Fischer points to a rib-tickling page purporting an origin in the Craigslist archives and an age of about 100 years. Among the more interesting classifieds of 1906:
– My Electric is Off Again. Edison Will Not Answer His Telephone.
– M4W: Honest Farmer 65 Seeks Healthy Wife 18 to Bear Children, Pull Plow, Cook
– Was Saturday Night Live as Funny Last Night as it was in 1871? I Think NOT.
– Anarchist Rally this Weekend. Time & Place Unknown. BYOB.
– English Building Unsinkable Ship. USA Lags in Technology.
– RE: My Electric is Off Again … Cheapskate. Switch to Westinghouse. Expensive but Reliable.
– A Teaspoon or Two of Laudanum Helps Children Sleep.
– Next Summer’s Bathing Costumes are Scandalous.